This error pops up when you try to stop the Tomcat server when the server has not started. If you restart the Tomcat server, the error vanishes.
Main is a static code block and to call a method within the same class you need to declare the other method also as static if you would want to execute the method during run time without instantiating it as an object.
Static methods are class methods and the methods without static keyword in them are instance methods.
– Buffered reader reads text from a character input stream and buffers those characters
– Buffered reader has a buffer size of 8 KB
– Buffered reader is synchronized and can be safely called from multiple threads
– To parse for primitive data types additional functions needs to be called
– Scanner breaks down input into tokens and translates individual tokens according to their data type
– Scanner has a buffer size of 1KB
– Scanner is not synchronized
– Scanner can parse for primitive types and strings using regular expressions
CSV is flat file with the data separated by commas. If we needn’t have to establish a relationship in the data presented in the CSV file, then we can go with storing the data as CSV and manipulate the content for display in the web pages.
XML allows hierarchical representation of data. Data in XML is more readable when it comes to presenting the data. Data can easily be validated with XSD and can be accessed with a couple of lines of code. Huge advantage of XML is its flexibility to establish relationship in data.
To setup Rails on windows after Ruby and Rails setup,
i) Edit hosts file in windows environment and set the server name in the hosts file to
In this example, i have used “myrails” as the server name for the project.
ii) Edit httpd configuration setting on WAMP to make sure proxy and proxy_http module is turned on (check if it those lines are not commented out)
LoadModule proxy_module modules/mod_proxy.so
LoadModule proxy_http_module modules/mod_proxy_http.so
For this tutorial we will be using Ruby 1.9.3 and Rails 3.2.1
First thing update
$ sudo apt-get update
Next, we are going to install git, RVM which is essential for the build
$sudo apt-get install build-essential git-core curl
RVM stands for Ruby Version Manager that is used for installing and managing multiple versions of Ruby at one point of time.